Cheddar Cheese Sauce
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 1 tablespoon potato starch flour
• 1 tablespoon rice flour
• 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black or white pepper
• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
Melt butter; remove from heat. Stir in flours and seasonings. Gradually add milk, stirring until well mixed. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth. Cook for 5 minutes longer; add cheese. Stir until smooth and well blended.
Makes 2 cups.
Shrimp fried in butter!
• 4 tablespoons butter (oil if you’re trying to be healthy, but it isn’t the same!)
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon yellow curry
• 1/8 teaspoon paprika
• 1/8 teaspoon tumeric
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
• dash of ground ginger
• chopped garlic (2 pieces)
• chopped green onion
In a small bowl, combine the spices. Stir well. Melt butter, add garlic and onion. Fry for 30 seconds, then add shrimp (fresh or frozen). Add bowl of spices. Cook on low, stirring occasionally. Be careful not to over-cook the shrimp. A maximum of 10 minutes is really all that is necessary.
Get brown rice pasta from Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Meijer’s…
Serve cheese sauce over pasta, and you can either mix the shrimp in, or make it a completely different dish. I got rave reviews today from the family.
This sounds yummmmy. I’m going to try it. 🙂 thx Sholeh. 🙂