1. Gluten-free sugar cookies dipped in chocolate pudding are heavenly.
2. Aprons never fit me correctly. I always have to adjust them, which makes me ignore them altogether. But I really like the idea of an apron.
3. Driving a car means fixing it when parts wear out. Which means that my bank account complains to me of abuse. It also means that I have to deal with mechanics, which is always a funny experience because I really don’t know anything about cars.
4. An advantage to living in Chicago: there are always visitors coming through. It helps alleviate the missing-of-friends that happens when you are part of a community that is always moving across the world.
5. Really looking forward to the weekend. Work picnic, family, home. I desperately needed a 3 day break, and was kidding myself that I am not tired. I’m exhausted.
6. I had a few friends over the other night to help me finish off a tray of lasagna that I made. I highly recommend having a lasagna party, and close it out with ice cream or pudding if you can. 🙂
7. I really missed seeing live music over the last few years. It had been such a long time. Going to Summerfest and seeing Stevie Wonder & John Legend in concert was absolutely fantastic, and I need to take advantage of these opportunities.
8. I’m on my 6th wedding invitation of the year, and we’re only halfway through! Whew…