I have never been particularly fond of cats.Â They are less predictable than dogs, more aloof, and I am slightly allergic to them.Â But cats and I usually come to a sort of…understanding, and avoid each other whenever we must coexist.Â I will even pet them if they’re nice.
My cousin is wonderful.Â I was staying with her in NYC, and she is a perfect hostess and dear friend.Â But her cat…oh my.Â We just could not seem to agree.
1. The cat attempted to sit on my head while I was sleeping.Â Several times.
2. I woke up at 3 am with two glowing eyes a few inches from my face.Â Do you know how disconcerting this is?!
3. My foot was sticking out from under the blanket, and the cat bit my foot.Â This was at around 5 am.
4. She knocked my glasses off of the ledge, and then looked at me like it was my fault.
5. I locked her out of the room, and she scratched at the door and mewed all night.
6. She climbed outside the window and stood on the ledge, several stories off the ground.Â I was really hoping I wouldn’t watch this cat fall off of the ledge.
hahaha.Â Regardless of all of this, it was pretty amusing. And my poor cousin kept trying to keep her cat off of me, with limited success.
(The criminal, looking guilty as usual.)
Having lived with cats for 20 years (#1 would swell my face up enough to not be able to breathe), all 6 of these point to how this cat really liked you. 😀
Wow, I get the sniffles just thinking about your experience. I think some cats manage to figure out whose allergic and then target them.
#2 and #3 have happened to me before except instead of a cat doing those things it was Amia and so i have to agree with ez, that cat is so in love with you.