Yesterday I felt sort of miserable. And then last night it morphed into a full-blown virus of some kind. These are a few anecdotes for you to enjoy:
1. I watched Season 6 of Scrubs. And half of Season 7.
2. I have not left my bed all day…
3. Except for making a pot of soup and mashed potatoes. I then took the pot of mashed taters into bed with me because I didn’t want to have to wash another bowl.
4. A friend called today and didn’t recognize me because she said, “You sounded like an old lady!”
5. Not much food left in our fridge, so today I ate: a gluten-free tuna sandwich, a pot of chicken soup, a bowl of ice cream (shh, I know you shouldn’t eat ice cream when you’re sick, but my throat hurt so much!), 4 cups of lemon/ginger/honey tea, two cups of coffee, half a bottle of orange juice, water, and mashed potatoes. I had a craving for chips but we didn’t have any. It seems like whenever I’m sick, my body demands the weirdest things.
6. I have used up one tissue box. I am working on my second box.
7. I may have talked in my sleep this afternoon, but since I was by myself, I really don’t know for sure. I did wake myself up a few times, though.
8. I didn’t even have to go to the pharmacy because I had everything in my medicine drawer.
I haven’t had a cold in a really long time…actually, I was shocked that I didn’t get one earlier. I think that Someone was looking out for me, because during the very busy planning and working of the last few months, I did not even get the sniffles (except for allergies to dust storms), and that is rare for me. So I’m taking this illness with a measure of grace and acceptance that I’m just paying my dues. But it would be really great to heal quickly…I have so much to do!