Abi tagged me nearly a month ago to do this meme, and in between the chaos of birthdays (I think I’ve counted about 6 that I’ve celebrated in the last few weeks!) and other things (like, you know, life), I have not had a chance to do it.
I am not going to tag people, because most of my friends have done this one already, or…they may not want to do it. At first when I was writing this list, I felt rather self-centered and narcissistic. But then I started thinking about it as a way to count my blessings and remind myself of how lucky I am.
1. I am a Baha’i. This is the reason I am who I am.
2. My genetic material. It is pretty darn good (thanks Mom & Dad!).
3. I surprise people, especially when they make assumptions about my character/intellectual abilities based on superficial qualities such as my physical appearance.
4. I am generally an optimist, but have a nice dose of cynicism to keep my feet on the ground.
5. I used to be a shy person, and sometimes that is still there, but I made a conscious effort to overcome it over the last 8 years.
6. I read a lot of books.
7. I don’t hold grudges and it is very difficult for me to lie.
8. I take care of people.
9. I laugh easily.
10. I know how to cook, and I love doing it.