Yesterday I felt sort of miserable.Â And then last night it morphed into a full-blown virus of some kind.Â Â These are a few anecdotes for you to enjoy:
1. I watched Season 6 of Scrubs.Â And half of Season 7.
2. I have not left my bed all day…
3. Except for making a pot of soup and mashed potatoes.Â I then took the pot of mashed taters into bed with me because I didn’t want to have to wash another bowl.
4. A friend called today and didn’t recognize me because she said, “You sounded like an old lady!”
5. Not much food left in our fridge, so today I ate: a gluten-free tuna sandwich, a pot of chicken soup, a bowl of ice cream (shh, I know you shouldn’t eat ice cream when you’re sick, but my throat hurt so much!), 4 cups of lemon/ginger/honey tea, two cups of coffee, half a bottle of orange juice, water, and mashed potatoes.Â Â I had a craving for chips but we didn’t have any.Â It seems like whenever I’m sick, my body demands the weirdest things.
6.Â I have used up one tissue box. I am working on my second box.
7.Â I may have talked in my sleep this afternoon, but since I was by myself, I really don’t know for sure.Â I did wake myself up a few times, though.
8.Â I didn’t even have to go to the pharmacy because I had everything in my medicine drawer.Â 🙂
I haven’t had a cold in a really long time…actually, I was shocked that I didn’t get one earlier.Â I think that Someone was looking out for me, because during the very busy planning and working of the last few months, I did not even get the sniffles (except for allergies to dust storms), and that is rare for me.Â So I’m taking this illness with a measure of grace and acceptance that I’m just paying my dues.Â But it would be really great to heal quickly…I have so much to do!
feel better mooshie…soon you’ll be home and your mom can make you some yummy osh! haha – love you 🙂